'Brain-eating amoeba' kills man at Texas surf resort

Waco Wavepool Closed While CDC Tests for “Brain Eating Amoeba”

Waco Wavepool Closed While CDC Tests for “Brain Eating Amoeba”

After his condition deteriorated, he was taken to hospital where tests revealed he was infected with the amoeba. Symptoms of the infection generally start within a few days of exposure, with death occurring about five days later, according to the CDC.

By the time he was tested positive with the amoeba, it was too late for the only available medication, which was only used in three known survivors in North America, to be administered. "Even so, this drug is not easily accessible", Stabile's friend wrote. He was laid to rest last Thursday.

Stabile was an avid outdoorsman who loved snowboarding, surfing, and anything to do with friends and family, according to an obituary published by The Press of Atlantic City.

"With great sadness and heavy hearts, we mourn the loss of a FABulous associate", the shop said on Facebook.

Senator Toomey Statement on Proposed US, Mexico, Canada Trade Agreement
Unlike the NAFTA and the Trans-Pacific Partnership, the USMCA imposes stronger rules of origin for vehicles and automotive parts. Canada's ambassador to Washington says the USA and Canada have made a lot of progress in free trade talks but there is no deal.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Stabile's family.

.

It is believed he contracted the ferocious brain-eating amoeba after visiting BSR Cable Park's Surf Resort in Waco, Texas.

A person can not become infected by drinking water contaminated with N. fowleri, the CDC says. "We hope to have results by the end of the week".

"Our hearts and prayers are with his family, friends, and the New Jersey surf community during this hard time", Parsons said.

Tropical Storm Rosa will still pack a punch to southern California, Arizona
Swells generated by the hurricane were also expected to produce life-threatening surf and rip currents off Southern California. That kind of rain would be significant for Yuma, which gets only 3½ inches of rain a year on average, Deemer said.

"Our hearts and prayers are with his family, friends, and the New Jersey surf community during this hard time", Parsons said.

His family is asking for donations to the Swim Above Amoeba Awareness Foundation in his memory.

The CDC says people are typically infected when they go diving or swimming in warm freshwater places. It can also be found in in soil. However, such as in the case of Stabile, Naegleria fowleri can be contracted when contaminated water enters the body through the nose, either in a chlorinated swimming pool water or if one uses contaminated tap water to rinse their sinuses. As soon as it reaches the brain, it can cause Primary Amoebic Meningoencephalitis (or PAM for short), which is generally fatal.

PAM is nearly always fatal. Those who contract PAM usually die within one to 18 days of showcasing the disease symptoms.

EAM Sushma Swaraj calls for urgent fundamental reforms in UN Security Council
But, within hours of acceptance of the talks, news came that terrorists had killed three of Indian jawans. Swaraj said, "On the one hand, we want to fight terrorism; on the other, we can not define it".

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.